Will you be attending the West Coast Produce Expo in November? The West Coast Produce Expo will probably be digital this yr November 9 – 13, 2020.
Jewel-Osco’s Scott Bennett, the 2019 Produce Retailer of the Yr and produce gross sales and merchandising supervisor for Jewel-Osco will probably be talking at an schooling session discussing how he created pleasure within the shops within the midst of restrictions and the upheaval of the pandemic.
Registration for the occasion is free.
On Agweb.com, Matt Morgan mentioned the transfer to digital:
“In transitioning West Coast Produce Expo from a dwell occasion to digital, we prioritized the options which might be most dear to our attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors,” mentioned Matt Morgan, govt vice chairman of produce for The Packer’s guardian firm, Farm Journal. “We’re excited that the digital format will ship extra time to go to the expo, to listen to straight from retailers and business consultants, and to facilitate gross sales by way of our BizMatch assembly scheduler service which pairs patrons and suppliers based mostly on particular matching standards.
“As well as, the worth of digital content material like we’re providing at WCPE is that it lives on past the occasion dates, delivering on-demand schooling and continued publicity for our audio system and sponsors,” Morgan mentioned.
We will probably be attending and we’re excited concerning the schooling periods.
Training periods are:
- Keynote Panel: Adapting Your Enterprise Plan and Targets for 2021 and Past; Tom Karst of The Packer visits with Cindy Jewell of Jewell Advertising and marketing, Julie Krivanek of Krivanek Consulting, Mike O’Brien of O’Brien Improvements LLC, Bruce Peterson of Peterson Insights and Dick Spezzano of Spezzano Consulting Service;
- Classes From Retail — On-line Grocery and What’s Forward; Ashley Nickle of The Packer with Invoice Bishop of Brick Meets Click on; and
- Classes from Retail – Walmart’s Regenerative Method and What It Means for Suppliers; Tom Karst of The Packer with Anabella de Freeman of Walmart concerning the firm’s sustainability objectives;
- Classes from Retail — Growing Your Produce Groups; Nickle visits with Jeff Cady of Tops Pleasant Markets; and
- Classes from Retail — Shifting Shopper Behaviors Current and Future: Karst visits with Steve Lutz of Class Companions.
- Keynote Panel: Submit-Election 2020 — Dialogue of Political and Legislative Points; Karst visits with Robert Guenther of the United Contemporary Produce Affiliation, Lance Jungmeyer, president of the Contemporary Produce Affiliation of the Americas, Dave Puglia, president of Western Growers and Jim Wiesemeyer of Professional Farmer;
- Classes from Retail — Group, Occasions and Contemporary Produce; Nickle visits with Rob Ybarra of Rouses Markets; and
- Classes from Retail — Persevering with to Create Pleasure in Shops; Nickle visits with Scott Bennett of Jewel-Osco.